We discovered each other’s blogs during the whirlwind month and I must say that Julie’s is a fantastic, splendid read!! I’d turn around and nominate her for each of these awards if I could get away with it!
This is the second Liebster Award, so you may have seen the rules for it before:
- List 11 random facts about me. (Shortcut time!)
- Answer 11 Questions from Julie:1. How long have you liked Doctor Who? If you don’t like Doctor Who (Really!?) then what is your favorite TV show?
I’ve only seen “Blink,” so I can’t comment (nor can I look at gargoyles the same way again). Otherwise, I’m quite content with Star Trek:TNG.
2. Coffee or Tea? – Tea
3. Why did you start blogging?
To share photos, stories and other fun finds.
4. What superpower do you wish you possessed? Why?
Super memory or speed writing that’s legible, just so I can try to keep up with the thoughts in my head.
5. Do you have any gnomes in your yard? Do they come alive at night and try to steal your medication like they do at my house? If not, who is your favorite fictional character? Why?
(In order) No; no – they’re robots, hence my signing up for Old Glory Insurance; Lennie Briscoe/Jack McCoy/Anita Van Buren – because they enforce law and order.
6. Movies or Books? Books
7. What would be your weapon of choice for the Zombie Apocalypse?
A Zombie Apocalypse expert equivalent to Dr. Alan Grant? If not that, then maybe a shovel.
8. Are you a Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, or Charlotte? I don’t know what the male equivalent to the Sex in the City characters are so, what TV character best describes you?
Which one is clueless, because I have no idea what this show is about.
9. Describe a brief embarrassing memory (I had to, y’all<-Julie’s!).
Giving the wrong greeting while working at a second retail store for the day. The fact that it was my boss of the first store I worked at calling – bad. The fact it happened twice, in reverse doubly bad.
10. Have you ever been or are you now a vegan?
Only during summertime visits at the grandparents farm. Seriously – fresh vegetables just a sunflower’s reach away? What more would you have to make room for?
11. Which John Hughes (any director is fine) movie best describes your adolescence? Why? Breakfast Club with the cliques/fitting in. Adulthood – Ferris Buller’s Day Off.
- Nominate 11 Bloggers (These are bloggers discovered during the A-to-Z):
- Jottings and Writings
- Ash N Finn
- Nouveau Scarecrow
- Box of Photos
- Becky Due
- The Left Wright Brain
- A Writer’s Take
- My Blog about Your Blog
- Inner Workings of a Shared Mind
- Author Raven West
My 11 questions:
- What/whom are you most thankful for?
- What ‘must have’ books are/would be on your bookshelf?
- Do you listen to music while you write? If so, what is your ‘soundtrack?’
- Which people motivate you creatively?
- If you had a chance to escape your ordinary routine for a day, what would you do instead?
- Are you familiar with/participate in Art House Co-op or NaNoWriMo?
- Do you prefer examining paintings/photographs or creating/taking them?
- What is the one thing that you were afraid of that you finally decided to (or will) try?
- What things do you like to collect?
- Do you volunteer and if so, for what causes/events?
- Are there any books that you thought we made into decent movies? If so, which ones?
For the Very Inspiring Rules:
The rules are as follows:
1. Link back to the person who gave you the award. Http://Julieyoujest.com
2. State 7 things about yourself.
My favorite challenges:
- Daily Post
- Sketchbook Project
- Arthouse Coop
- Some other monthly themed target for blogging
- Blogging from A to Z
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link back to them.
Discoveries during the A-to-Z challenge:
- Laura Eno
- Cruising through my Life
- The Day After
- The Voices in My Head
- Of Glass & Paper
- Chester Maynes
- …and Then There Was Sarah
- Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- God Has No Problems…Only Plans
- Lori Lara
- Just James
- Textploits of the Writerly Persuasion
- The Flavored Word
- Where’s My Backpack?
Thank you again, Julie!