Today’s Daily Prompt asks: Share a story about the furthest you’ve ever traveled from home./Photographers, artists, poets: show us TRAVELS.
The furthest I’ve ever traveled was to Rome, Italy. The flight was just after the last of the winter term finals. My father took me from the HUB to the airport while I traded backpack for knapsack during the drive.
The Roman Holiday week with my aunt was wonderful, enlightening and refreshing. That Sunday, my father picked me up from the airport, where the bag exchange was done in reverse, and I attended class the next day.
The two above photos were the approach of this weekend’s brief holiday in San Francisco. (I love WordPress’s scheduled postings, as that allowed me to keep current with NaBloPoMo! –NaNoWriMo is another story) I love to catch up with friends in other states; go to places new to me; by train if there’s time, by plane when time flies.
But I love coming home even better.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Travels | The Magic Black Book
- Daily Prompt: Come Fly with Me | Under the Monkey Tree
- The newbie wed – prologue | Beth Byrnes
- Flying from Nowhere | Mara Eastern’s Personal Blog
- come fly with me | Bizzimummy’s World
- Rural Tourism in Russia: Russian Village Street Photography | Bright Moments Catcher
- The Lord of the Ring | Geek Ergo Sum
- Come Fly With Me…to the Dominican Republic | Maybe Not So Zen…
- Let the thoughts flow | Le Drake Noir
- My Grand Thailand Adventure! | Open to Experience
- The loveliness of Crete… | alienorajt
- To the Moon and Back | Delana’s World
- My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Come Fly with Me – to Mysore
- Budapest And Bud Light | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Come Fly with Me | Anniemation Floe
- Come Fly With Me: Traveling from the Bottom to the Top of the World | Charles Ray’s Ramblings
- New post Daily Prompt: Come Fly with Me | Welcome to msxhan. The great tricks, tips, infos, poetry and much more.
- Back to Starting point | crookedeyebrows
- She’s Leaving Home | Javagrrl Cafe
- DAILY PROMPT: JOURNEY – AN IRISH HONEYMOON | SERENDIPITY
- Come Fly with Me – Jumping Pics Around the World | First for Everything
- Oh Chanukkah, Oh Chanukkah … in Israel! | Stacy Gittleman’s blog
- Daily Prompt: Come Fly with Me | Awl and Scribe
- Daily Prompt: Come Fly With Me | Transitions
- Enjoying the sunshine in New York’s green promenade is possible; it should be the case in Albania too | Laura’s Little Things
- Life Living In Europe | Kansa Muse
- Daily Prompt: Come Fly with Me- to the West Coast | Wordz on a Page
- Let’s fly away. | smoke&mirrors
- Rockin Down That Highway | maunderingsofaninja
- Daily Prompt: Travels | veryvanessalynn
- DAILY PROMPT: HONEYMOON IN IRELAND | SERENDIPITY
- Travels [Daily Prompt: Come Fly with Me] | unknowinglee
- [DAILY PROMPT] Come Fly with Me. | Fathia’s little cave
- Wanderlust | Drops of Magic
- Daily Prompt: Come Fly with Me | life n me!
- Short Story – ” The Hunters- A Thanksgiving story “ « Dancing with Fireflies
- Daily Prompt: Come Fly with Me | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily Prompt: Come Fly With Me | Undecided Answer
- Home… Where is that? | An Upturned Soul
- Come Fly with Me | Going New Places!
- “Travels” | Relax
- Under the Bridge | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- A Long Time Ago In a Graduate School Far, Far Away
- Flying Crab Apples: A Daily Prompt | melanielynngriffin
- Come Fly with Me [Daily Prompt/NaBloPoMo]